Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday 8 July 2011

Brownie Tarts


Before...

After...


I know this is another chocolate dessert, but what can I say..chocolates are my best friend :). Found this on allrecipes while leisure surfing and I had to try it. I ransacked my kitchen and found that I had no pecans or cherries so I had to ommit them from the original recipe. Good thing I had some cream cheese in the fridge, waiting for me to use it. Recipe as below. Enjoy!

Brownie Tarts (makes around 15. I think I used a 6.5cm tart mould for this)
Part I: Shell

½ cup butter
3 oz (85g) cream cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour

-         cream butter and cheese well
-         add flour – mix well to form soft dough
-         chill for 1 hour in plastic wrap
-         make small balls and press into moulds to make the shell

Part II: Filling

½ cup semi-sweet choc chips
2tbsp butter
½ cup castor sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup chopped pecan (optional)

-         melt the choc chips & butter in a small saucepan
-         remove from heat, let it cool slightly and stir in sugar, egg and vanilla
-         pour into shell
-         bake until brown (I am using a small oven so I baked mine at 150C for 15-20 minutes)

Selling price: RM 17 for 15 tarts. (I can make smaller sized tarts to get 24 tarts at the same price)

0 comments:

Post a Comment