Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday 7 July 2011

Choc cupcake with fluffy white topping

White marshmallowy swirl on choc cake
The base of this idea came from my sister actually. She asked for a no-bake meringue-type topping to be on a choc cake. No buttercreams, no cream cheese toppings for her. I didn't know it was possible because I thought that all meringues had to be baked or torched or something. So as usual, I searched the net and found a recipe for a fluffy white frosting, which is actually a no-bake meringue topping. I found out later that this is something like an Italian meringue. I said to myself, 'Why not? Let's just give it a try'. And as usual, I reduced a tad bit of the sugar to suite my taste.The first time I tried this is 1 hour before my sister wanted to collect the cake. Was a risk but it was well worth it.

For her, I did a vanilla-choc layer cake with choc-cream-cheese-and-almond-chunks filling and fluffy white topping around it. Sorry, didn't have the time to take photo's of the cake so here is the cupcake version. Note to self: have to work on my decoration skills.

Selling price: RM (TBD)

0 comments:

Post a Comment